March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Spring Break Recap

Until now we have always spent our spring breaks at home and loved it.  This year was different.  We decided to take a long weekend and travel to New Orleans.  No need to bore you on the details of how we landed there, but it was great.  The initial plan was to head south early Thursday morning and hit some of the kid stuff in the Big Easy before my brother, his family, and my mom joined us on Saturday to go to the zoo.
But then our dear friends invited us to spend the first weekend with them on the Alabama Coast.  It seemed quite silly to return home on Monday to drive south again on Thursday so we spent the interim time in Mobile at my mother's house.  Fortunately, Frank has the luxury of a Mobile office where he could spend his days.  That is the only reason this worked!

Without further ado, here are some pictures with minimal commentary...
 Man, it felt good to be on salt water!
Sweet Stephen loves it here!
Betsy finally made friends with Margaret Moore!
What's not to love!

Nothing really to report from our time in Mobile - wet and cold.  Just like it has been in Birmingham for months on end.  More of the same…

And then we headed to NOLA.  I did some reading and planned a bit, but we had no definitive agenda.  We wanted the children to experience some of the quintessential New Orleans highlights    

Day 1 - Lunch at Felix's, a jaunt around Jackson Square, a gander at the Mighty Mississippi, and on up Canal to the Insectarium where one child threw up.  Nice, I know.  Back to the hotel.  Time in the room.  Time at the pool.  Out to supper at The Pelican Club.  Sorry no pictures.

Day 2 - Breakfast at Mothers, the Aquarium and Imax.  Rain rain go away!  Back to the room and lots of time at the pool.

Day 3 - Breakfast at Camilla Grill, on to the Audobon Zoo, change for supper, early meal, more time at the pool.  Too many pictures.  It is more fun to take pictures with cousins.

Day 4 - Breakfast at Cafe DuMonde, deliver the Mobile crew to the Aquarium, load the car, drive home.







So where was everyone else?



Upon returning home, remind my crew that they have nine weeks of school and we will finish strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment