March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Unfeignedly Thankful

A General Thanksgiving
 
ALMIGHTY God, Father of all mercies,
we your unworthy servants give you most humble and hearty thanks
for all your goodness and loving-kindness to us and to all people;
We bless you for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life;
but above all for your inestimable love
in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ,
for the means of grace,
and for the hope of glory.
And we beseech you, give us that due sense of all your mercies,
that our hearts may be unfeignedly thankful,
and that we show forth your praise,
not only with our lips, but in our lives;
by giving up ourselves to your service,
and by walking before you in holiness and righteousness all our days;
through Jesus Christ our Lord,
to whom with you and the Holy Ghost be all honour and glory,
world without end. Amen.
 
The Book of Common Prayer
 
As we enter this Thanksgiving Day, I am reflecting on all of the many things for which I am thankful.  I am blessed beyond measure and have so much to be thankful for, yet I forget and I can certainly take these blessings for granted.

In recent years, as I recite this lovely prayer my ears take notice of the phrase, "unfeignedly thankful."  I pause and recall all the many things for which I am genuinely thankful.  While it may seem cliche, I am thankful for so much and recognize that these blessings could be taken away in an instant.  I am thankful for the here and the now but also for those who came before who helped shape who I am today.  I aspire to have a grateful heart and to be content in all circumstances ~ to remember all of the blessings of this life and to be thankful for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment