March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Oh Me, Oh My

I'm not going to lie. Our life is full!

It was another full week. One of my "new year resolutions" was to take a picture everyday ~ not that I needed an incentive to take more pictures. My children provide ample opportunities to document their day to day lives.

On Tuesday before retiring for the evening, I went upstairs to make sure that everyone was tucked and covered. This is what I found...
On Wednesday, Walker was pooped ~ school, the tot lot, choir practice... What's a boy to do?
Betsy was showing some love...
On Thursday, we skipped Bible study because Betsy hadn't been fever free for 24 hours...
Betsy thought he was hilarious yet I can't even remember what they were laughing about. I just remember that their infectious belly laughs sent me running for my camera to document the moment.
Mary Frances has a new hairdo, and she thinks it looks like a big girl!
On Friday, we all made it to school before 7:30 for Mary Frances to say the Pledge of Allegiance on the morning broadcast. I pondered when this becomes not a big deal.
Because let me tell you they were an excited bunch of first graders ~
And Mary Frances got to wear her Kids Marathon shirt to school. Some more sibling love!
Yesterday, I commented to someone that 99% of the time my brain doesn't work. Her response was that she didn't believe me. Well that got me thinking, and I realized it isn't that my brain doesn't work. It is that 99% of the time my brain is on overdrive. Now for all of you intellectual types out there my brain doesn't work like yours ever. But my brain is always working! It's work usually involves how are we going to get that done!

No comments:

Post a Comment