March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

I Can Run!

Betsy is six weeks old today. Hard to believe! She is more alert each day though she continues to sleep most of the time. No complaints about that... I'm a firm believer in letting children get the sleep they need ~ it makes for happier, healthier, calmer children and therefore a happier, healthier, calmer mommy.

So what is "Sweets" up to ~ Betsy enjoys time on her tummy and believe it or not gets a little most days. I don't want her to be in the car seat all of the time although she logs a lot of hours in that carrier!
She is still loved by her siblings. The novelty hasn't worn off, and Mary Frances is still apt to pouting if she doesn't get to old her enough. Walker walks up to us with his arms out saying "I wanna hold her" in that two-year old speech that only Frank, his siblings, and I understand {sometimes}. He typically does this either as I am feeding her or trying to console her ~ neither are ideal. My hands never leave Betsy when Walker is holding her {which makes picture taking a challenge}, but he is so tender with her. He leans down and kisses her on the head. When asked if he is all done, he often looks up at us and very poignantly says, "no." Walker is only at school one day a week and for the last two times he has been, his report has stated how he glows when asked about Baby Betsy. It's true, he gets the biggest smile on his face when you ask him about his sister. Stephen is much more interested in Betsy when her eyes are open. Yesterday, he was overheard saying, "Betsy, you've gotten so big. You used to be so little but you've grown so much. Look how big your feet have gotten."
A funny thing about Betsy ~ if you have boys you are aware that as babies some of them are prone to tinkling when their diaper comes off and their parts exposed to the air. well, my boys didn't really do this too much, but Betsy does.

Still no birth announcement picture ~ maybe today or tomorrow!

So what does six weeks mean for mommy ~ I can run!


And with that I am out the door...

No comments:

Post a Comment