March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Baby Gift Debt

I have finally caught up on some LONG overdue baby gifts. I'm too embarrassed to let you know how long ago some of these babies were born.
Not only am I thrilled to cross these gifts off of my "to do" list, but I was excited to try some new things. I don't usually feel like my sewing, monogramming, or applique is terribly creative, but I tried some new things and liked the results.

I actually have one more bib that I think is going to turn out super cute, but I can't seem to move it past the end of my ironing board!

Not only are these gifts made, they are wrapped with a card attached. Many have been delivered and the rest are in mailers to drop by the post office after picking Stephen up from school, grabbing some egg boxes from the Pig, and making a Garden Club bank deposit ~ do you think he will fall asleep during all of that and I can sit and smock in the carpool line for Mary Frances? Keep your fingers crossed!

The Sad Truth: I actually completed the machine part of the gifts over a month ago, but it has taken me this long to get them washed, photographed, wrapped, and ready to deliver.

Oh well, such is my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment