March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Not bad...

I finished two out of the three! Not bad if I do say so myself especially since Walker wanted nothing to do with sitting with his brother and sister to get a picture take. It made me feel better in the end. I won't tell you how late I stayed up or how early I got up but Mary Frances and Stephen were able to wear their new clothes for pictures on Friday. Let's just say it was a good thing that Frank was out of town. I felt like Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel. Instead of never before had the sun seemed to go down so fast, I felt like never before had the sun come up so quickly. By the way, the book is one of Stephen's current favorite books. He can listen to it over and over again. He wants to check out the other Virginia Lee Burton books from the library. He turns the book over and points and asks what it is and then says, "we can check those out of the library" so they are on my list for the week.

We were so excited to have a relatively dry day that the boys and I went to the park for a few minutes before picking Mary Frances up from school. They had a ball. I wish I had pictures of Walker in the swing, but I was a bit leery of carrying the camera in without a bag. I'm afraid I've broken some part of it.

Check out our precious new sweaters ~ hand delivered by Tootsie on Thursday evening because she knew the temperatures were going to drop. And drop they did! I don't knit and don't really have any desire to learn how because Frank's mom creates such marvelous sweaters for my children. Stephen was particularly proud of his puppy dog. He was telling anyone who would listen that his Tootsie made it for him.
Almost finished... The Power of New Play Dough

I have had this bag of play dough and accessories in my sewing closet for at least a year, but there has been no need to pull it out. Well on Friday, there was need. I was looking around the house at all the picking up, vacuuming, dusting, etc... that needed to be completed as well as wondering what I was going to do for supper when I pulled out this treasure. They played sweetly, together for over an hour while I completed some of the tasks at hand and it is a good thing.
Little did I know this face was the beginning of a weekend of bellyaches for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment